Quebec Immigration Program
An applicant can qualify for the Quebec Skilled Worker category if they hold either a validated job offer in Quebec or achieve sufficient points on the Quebec Selection Grid.
The Quebec Immigration selection system for Quebec Skilled Workers is designed to indicate which applicants are likely to become economically established upon immigration to Quebec. Quebec Skilled Worker/Professional applicants intending to reside in Montreal or another city in the Province of Quebec are selected based upon a different set of criteria that applicants who wish to settle elsewhere in Canada.
Quebec has a number of immigration programs that allow qualifying people to become permanent residents of Canada. Because the federal government has granted Quebec far more discretion over immigration rules and procedures, Quebec’s immigration systems are considered differently than those of other provinces. The PNP in Quebec is divided into three categories:
- Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)
- Quebec Experience Class (PEQ)
- Business Immigration
- The most popular among these is the Quebec Skilled Worker Program or the QSWP.
To qualify for a Quebec Selection Certificate, Skilled Worker/ Professional applicants must score enough points under the Quebec Immigration selection system below. A single applicant must score at least 50 Quebec immigration points based on the criteria below. An applicant with a spouse or common-law/conjugal partner must score at least 59 points.
|Education||Up to 14 points (Cutoff Score = 2 points)|
|Area of Training||Up to 12 points|
|Validated Employment Offer||Up to 10 points|
|Work Experience||Up to 8 points|
|Age||Up to 16 points|
|Language Proficiency||Up to 22 points|
|Stay and Family in Quebec||Up to 8 points|
|Spouse/Common-law partner Characteristics||Up to 17 points|
|Children||Up to 8 points|
|Financial Self-Sufficiency||1 point|
Knowledge of French and English: The following tests and diplomas are recognized by the Ministère:
- the Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec(TEFAQ) of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Paris Île-de-France (CCIP-IDF)
- the Test de Connaissance du français pour le Québec(TCF-Québec) of the Centre international d’études pédagogiques (CIEP)
- the Test d’évaluation du français(TEF) of the CCIP-IDF
- the Test d’évaluation du français pour le Canada(TEF Canada) of the CCIP-IDF
- the Test de Connaissance du français(TCF) of the CIEP
- the Diplôme d’études en langue française(DELF) of the CIEP
- the Diplôme approfondi de langue française(DALF) of the CIEP
- For the evaluation of French knowledge, level 7 (advanced intermediate) or its equivalent (level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is the minimum threshold from which points are awarded
- The principal applicant can obtain a maximum of 16 points for knowledge of oral and written French, including 7 points for oral comprehension, 7 points for oral production, 1 point for written comprehension and 1 point for written production
- The spouse of a candidate can obtain a maximum of 6 points for oral French knowledge, including 3 points for oral comprehension and 3 points for oral production
- For the evaluation of English knowledge, level 5 (intermediate) of the Canadian Language Benchmarks or its equivalent is the minimum threshold from which points are awarded
- The principal applicant can obtain a maximum of 6 points for knowledge of oral and written English, including 2 points for oral comprehension, 2 points for oral production, 1 point for written comprehension, and 1 point for written production
Quebec Skilled Immigration Program
Quebec offers the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)through which many immigration candidates apply to move to this Canadian province. The Quebec points calculator makes sure ensures only the right persons are selected under the program to move to Quebec. The Quebec Skilled Worker Program is for skilled workers who choose to move to Quebec and live there. Workers who meet the above-mentioned ability specifications and other criteria are admitted into this program.
Eligibility criteria for Quebec Skilled Worker Program
- An applicant should meet the following eligibility criteria if he wants to migrate to Quebec under the QSWP:
- The applicant should receive at least one diploma that meets the educational requirement in Quebec.
- The applicant should have had training and the required skills in the relevant field, making it easy for applicants to find a job on the Canadian job market.
- The applicant will demonstrate his / her intention to work and settle in the province.