Personal identification information
The Firm collects personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit the site, subscribe to the bulletin, fill out a form, and by connecting with other activities, services, features or resources made available on the site. Users may be asked for their name and/or email address. Users may also visit the site anonymously. Personal identification information is collected from users if they voluntarily submit information. Users can also refuse to supply personal identification information, however that may prevent them from engaging in certain site-related activities
Non-personal identification information
The Firm may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with the site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users’ means of connection to the site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized, or other similar information.
Web browser cookies
user’s visit to the site, including the IP address, information about the operating system or
device, and information about the web browser.
This information is processed by Google Analytics to generate statistics for the firm about patterns of user visits to the site, including, among other things, the number of page visits, the number of unique page views, the average time spent on a page, traffic to the site by hour and day of the week, and the geographic location of users. This information may be used to measure the use and performance of the site and to improve the experience of visitors to the site. This information will not be used to identify individual users.
How collected information is used
The Firm’s website, www.westbaycanada.com, may collect user’s personal information and use it for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – information users provide helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize the user experience – the Firm may use information in the aggregate to understand how users, as a group, use the services and resources provided on the site.
- To improve the site – the Firm may use user’s feedback to improve products and services.
- To process payments – the Firm may use the information users provide when placing an order only to provide service to that order. This information is not shared with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails – the Firm may use the provided email address to send the user information and updates. It may also be used to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If the user decides to opt-in to the mailing list, the user will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product, or service information, etc. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, detailed unsubscribe instructions are included at the bottom of each email, or the user may contact the Firm via the site or by email at [email protected].
How information is protected
The firm has adopted appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on the site.
Sharing personal information
The Firm does not sell, trade, or rent user’s personal identification information to others. Generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users may be shared with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above or to meet our legal obligations.
Acceptance of these terms
By using this site, the user signifies acceptance of this policy. If a user does not agree to this policy, the user should not use the site. The continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed the user’s acceptance of those changes.
Contacting the Firm